Set in the not too distant future, a group of people are determined to bring the modern world to its primal knees. From notes in his journal, one of them takes us through the journey to potential apocalypse.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

DAY THREE: OCTOBER 28 2025

Thieving bastards! If there was a trace of your DNA left on me I'd melt your faces, your bank accounts, and your social networking pages in an instant. Fuckers took my comm unit right from under my goddamn nose. Although I need to learn from them as far as entering someone's personal space (let alone their pockets) to grab what's not fucking theirs.

So all the tiniest details and notes from today's tube ride - watching our subject - are probably being wiped clean as we speak to make it sellable on the open-bloody-market! Damn, I knew I should've copied it via dermasdna before pocketing it.

Today's report was therefore processed straight from the good old-fashioned grey matter. Nothing of significance to report (as with P00104's afternoon observations). Far too early.

And here I sit, racking my brain about who or what was near me during and after the journey. Long gone, I'm sure, but it's going to eat at me anyway. I'm the goddamn thief here. You don't steal from the stealer! Now I've got to watch my back as well as the experiment. How ridiculous is that?

The news coverage on the latest DNA developments are becoming more interesting by the day. Everyone seems to be fanatically enthusiastic about even the slightest tweak that some lab-rat can make to the current systems. Well, they've all got their heads up their bums if they are relying on scientists who follow their paycheques. Passion. That's what it's all lacking nowadays. Passion drives progress. Real progress I mean.

Need to get P00104 to develop a 'melt-face-on-site' DNA virus when this current experiment's completed. Expose on touch! And I don't want it to rely on the  chance of only dermas contact (let's evolve from dermasdata and head straight to anything-goes-data).

Moving swiftly on...

I had about 2 hours sleep last night thinking about what we would see today - my mind raced like a madman through all the different scenarios that might appear in the next few weeks - and even the 'final' result. I'm both excited and unnerved by the possibilities. There are so many variables and permutations of how the virus will express itself. Although it's a fairly exact science, in our experience chaos does reign and reigns supreme. But we set our goal and hold true to the formulae and calculations.

I do need to get my shit together and not let today's events affect how I function with something as important as this. After all, things are going to get a lot more intense and a lot more brazen than some petty train theft.

We've got our weekly meeting coming up and I'm sure security (and theft) are conveniently going to be raised, addressed and workshopped to fucking death. As long as we remain focused on the goal I'll take the flack that is due to me.

Eyes pealed. Skin crawling with anticipation.

DAY FOUR...

No comments:

Post a Comment